Thursday, August 28, 2014

Post-Summerslam 2014 Lesnar-Cena Series in Day of Reckoning 2

Immediately after Summerslam, the first thing I wanted to do following the show was post my thoughts, then edit Brock a bit in WWE 2K14. I did that and had some good-ish matches with him that may have come closer with the instant F5 stuff, but didn't really nail the essence of that match no matter who I played as.

 


I thought my Day of Reckoning 2 Brock CAW was up to the task of having a similar story told, so I did a hardcore match that did it very quickly. I put the idea on the table until tonight. I've gotten the Impact report done, knocked out my homework for job training, and decided to throw Day of Reckoning 2 in after a night of PS1 playing before Impact.

Here's the first DoR 2 match, which I made a hardcore match just to aid in the brutality

Here's the second match, without a hardcore stip, and it led to a far better match. I was still able to use them, but the temptation was lessened a bit.

This is the third DoR 2 post-Summerslam meeting, and it's just an amazing match from start to finish. It's one of the best matches I've had in the game to date, and I love that about nine years after its release, DoR 2 can remain a viable game to play when you just want to have some great matches.

No comments:

Post a Comment